1 hour fully online video
The term “money laundering” is any process that conceals the origins of money obtained by illegal means. It makes money “clean” by rendering it untraceable. Money laundering is a serious offence, as it allows people to make money from crime.
- How money laundering occurs, why it is illegal and why it is of particular concern to the financial services industry
- The three steps criminals typically use when money laundering and how they avoid getting caught
- The techniques people commonly use to launder money
- How the law and enforcing bodies help reduce money laundering, and the role of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- The warning signs you need to look for if you suspect a customer or someone you know of money laundering