2.5 hours fully online video
In this course, you have the chance to become well-versed in the different types of mental illnesses and how to both support and guide the people who have them. However, people trained in mental health first aid are not meant to replace mental health professionals. Instead, they are meant to be the initial support offered to people struggling with their mental health. This could include emergency situations, people in crisis or people dealing with a sudden worsening of their condition.
- What exactly the field of mental health first aid is
- What people trained in mental health first aid can expect
- What the most common mental illnesses are
- How to approach and react to people in a mental health crisis
- How to handle and approach individual mental illnesses uniquely